Monday, March 28, 2011

Not hopeful, but sure.

Monday, March 28, 2011
I could promise, to hold you, and to cherish you.
I could promise, to be there in sickness and in health.
I could say, till death do us part.
But I won't.
Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope.
And I do not stand here, optimistic, or full of hope.

I am here with you not to be optimistic, I am not hopeful.
I am sure.
I am steady.
And I know...

I'm a heart-man.
Take them apart, but put them back together.
I hold them in my hands.
I am a heart man.
So this I am sure.

You are my partner, my lover and my best friend.
My heart, MY heart, beats for you.
And on this day, I promise you this;

I promise you, to lay my heart in the palm of your hands.
I promise you, Me!

Well, that's what I am gonna say in our next meet. Hope it'll go well.

On another note, this song was recorded by two of my favorite female singers, Brandi Carlile and Adele. It does not accurately portray the actual event, close enough. Oh yeah, the song was featured in Grey's Anatomy once and Adele's new singles were the opening and closing songs in latest episode of Grey's.







0 comments:

Post a Comment