Sunday, February 24, 2013

All along

Sunday, February 24, 2013
We were at the beach. It was not as sunny as we were hoping it would be. But, the excitement contained in ourselves, after weeks being apart, shunned the gloomy day away. We were trying to find the best spot to get two of those long-beach benches. Of course, taking price into consideration too. It is one of his innate personalities I, memorably, will never forget.

Satisfied with the bargained price, we got a decent spot. He kept complaining on how loose his swimming short was. I never really cared how bad he looked like. I had known him enough not to care the way he looked, but rather embraced his, sometimes, innocent heart, and tremendous generosity.

We dropped our stuff and dived into the sea. I do not know how to swim that make me always afraid of being in a deep water. It was terrifying especially with big waves. It was his nature of protecting and of making sure I was fine that pulled me into the big waves. Those, together with his mad face when there were a few surfers catching the waves near us made me felt really secured. I had never enjoyed being in the sea before that.

We lay down on the bench. He immediately fell into a nap. It was one of the greatest feelings I have ever had that is to be able to feel I had everything with me, especially with him next to me, facing the long sea horizon in front of me together with the waves it carried.

It was a great blessing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment